Dear Perris Lake Families,
I hope you had an enjoyable summer and are ready for school to begin! We are looking forward to a successful 2018-2019 school year. Enclosed in this mailer you will find information that will help you make the beginning of school a smooth transition to a new grade level. Please take a moment to look over the information provided as some of it covers some very big changes for PLHS.
All new PLHS students and parents are required to attend an orientation appointment before starting the program. Please call our front office (30108) to make an appointment. Please plan on spending 45 minutes at the orientation to review the program, sign the agreement, and complete certain documents. We will hold orientation meetings on the following days: July 18 and 19 at 10:00 am and 6:00 pm and July 25 at 10:00 am.
There have been some major changes at PLHS:
- Our core schedule is the same Monday-Friday, beginning at 8:45 and ending at 1:15 (includes lunch). The students will then be released.
- Our Core schedule is made up of 4 classes. (20 credits)
- PLHS is now on the quarter system (9 weeks, X 2 for each semester, X 4 for the year) 20 credits for each quarter. The dates of each quarter are:
- Qt 1: Aug 8-Oct 10
- Qt 2: Oct 15-Dec 20
- Qt 3: Jan 14-March 22
- Qt 4: March 25-June 6
- Those students that wish to take electives, seek tutoring, or just want to work in a classroom will have that option from 1:20-2:15. We will also ask that those students that are not passing 3 of 4 classes also stay for the opportunity to finish assignments and catch up. Students who become a discipline issue in class during this period will be asked to leave and the class dropped by their schedule.
- Buses will arrive at 2:15. Only those students that have been approved (outside the 5 mile zone) and are taking elective classes during the 1:20-2:15 period can use the bus.
Our Back to School Night is Wednesday, August, 22, 2018 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. We look forward to seeing you all in August.