Dear Perris Lake Families,
I hope you had an enjoyable summer and are ready for school to begin! We are looking forward to a successful 2019-2020 school year. Enclosed in this mailer you will find information that will help you make the beginning of school a smooth transition to a new grade level. Please take a moment to look over the information provided as some of it covers some very big changes for PLHS.
PLHS will continue our new schedule for the 2019/20 school year:
- Our core schedule is the same Monday-Friday, beginning at 8:45 and ending at 1:15 (includes lunch). The students will then be released.
- Our Core schedule is made up of 4 classes. (20 credits)
- PLHS is now on the quarter system (9 weeks, X 2 for each semester, X 4 for the year) 20 credits for each quarter. The dates of each quarter are:
- Qt 1: Aug 7-Oct 9
- Qt 2: Oct 14-Dec 20
- Qt 3: Jan 13-March 20
- Qt 4: March 23-June 4
- Those students that wish to take electives, seek tutoring, or just want to work in a classroom will have that option from 1:20-2:15. We will also ask that those students that are not passing 3 of 4 classes also stay for the opportunity to finish assignments and catch up. Students who become a discipline issue in class during this period will be asked to leave and the class dropped by their schedule.
- Buses will arrive at 2:15. Only those students that have been approved (outside the 5 mile zone) and are taking elective classes during the 1:20-2:15 period can use the bus.
Our Back to School Night is Thursday, August, 22, 2019 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. We look forward to seeing you all in August.